Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Info Fair
Click here for: Photos, Videos, Media Kit
If you are in the Northern Michigan area, we’re hosting a special event – and you’re invited! We’re celebrating the completion of a major research milestone – a project designed to help restore habitat for native species in our waterways! Please join us for the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative Info Fair on Wednesday, August 2, at North Central Michigan College in Petoskey, Michigan.
Join us and learn more about the various organizations that work to restore habitat for native species of plants, fish and animals in the Great Lakes and other invaluable water resources.
WHEN: Wednesday, August 2
TIME: 1-4 p.m. (snacks and beverages will be provided)
WHY: To learn more about the organizations working to protect & restore the
Great Lakes and other valuable water resources
Speakers will include:
- The Honorable Larry Romanelli, Ogema (Chairman), Little River Band of Ottawa Indians
- The Honorable Regina Gasco Bentley, Chairman, Little Traverse Bay Band of Odawa Indians
- Jon W. Allan, Director of the Office of the Great Lakes with Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Seth Herbst, Aquatic Invasive Species Coordinator, Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Erika Jensen, Great Lakes Commission
- Matt Claucherty, Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council
- Cindy Kolar, U.S. Geological Survey
- Pamela Marrone, Founder and CEO of Marrone Bio Innovations
Attendees can also visit information tables to learn more about the various organizations working to preserve the Great Lakes and surrounding natural resources. Interested? Let us know if you plan to attend by clicking here: Info Fair Registration
Can’t make it? No problem – we’ll make video of the project, photos and other information from the event available on this site after the event.