Location: Michigan Marrone Manufacturing, Bangor, MI
Reports to: Production Supervisor or Manager
Marrone Michigan Manufacturing LLC (M3) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. (NASDAQ: MBII), a leading global provider of biopesticides for agriculture, turf and ornamental, home and garden, and water applications.
This position is responsible for effectively operating the plant equipment to ensure the quality and quantity of production is met.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates equipment following SOP’s and Supervision instructions.
- Completes required documentation as required completely and neatly.
- Ensures proper RM’s and RM quantities are being used by following and understanding documentation.
- Adjusts equipment and process settings to ensure that production is performed per SOP and instructions.
- Inspects and maintains the equipment to ensure safety and proper processing.
- Inspects the quality of the product and documents the result at specified intervals
of the production process.
- Performs routine analytical testing as required to properly control the process.
- Completes daily shift production logs.
- Coordinates with lab technicians to ensure product quality.
- Monitors and reports deviations from production standards.
- Other duties as assigned
Supportive Responsibilities and Duties
- Occasionally communicates with the Supply Chain Specialist
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Minimum one-year process and equipment experience.
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with operation software.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination; safety cautious.
- Experience working with lab testers and plant equipment.
- Ability to follow directions, and work well with little supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a current Driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to obtain a Lift Truck certification
- Ability to safely and effectively coordinate multiple projects/tasks.
- Must have the ability to work different shifts and overtime. This includes the possibility of short-term and long-term shift reassignment to match the needs of the business.
- Must be able to work in cold to hot temperatures; work around dust, fumes, and/or moderate to loud noises.
- Able to lift, pull, carry, and pick-up average to heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Essential functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for climbing stairs and ladders, sitting, walking on paved and unpaved surfaces, and standing for prolonged periods of time; operating a computer and keyboard; visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; manual dexterity to operate a telephone; lift horizontally and vertically, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Must be able to climb to the different heights.
- Frequent work with heavy machinery in manufacturing environment, with ability to drive forklift
- Frequent exposure to loud noises (around 85 decibels) PPE/Ear Plugs provided
- Occasional exposure to dust and fumes (masks provided, respirators assigned to affected employees).
The individual should appreciate our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, agile, and dynamic work setting. He/she should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings. An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful and creative in problem solving by thinking “out of the box” will be highly valued in this role.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive. This job description may be modified as needed.
MBI is an equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen will be required.
Marrone Michigan Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Marrone Bio Innovations located in Davis, CA
Please submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job code MMM Shift Operator