Majestene is a liquid nematicide that can be applied pre-plant, at planting and in-season for season-long reduction of nematode populations and galling in potatoes, strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, cucurbits, corn and onions. Growers have seen notable success in using Majestene on potato and onion acres in the Pacific Northwest, and several specialty crops in Florida and Georgia.
What Majestene Can Do for Your Crops
Benefits of Majestene
Boost yield and quality
Protects crop from yield loss; can increase yields and harvest quality
Reduces nematode populations by reducing egg laying and hatch and prevents or reduces gall formation
Broad spectrum activity
Suppression and control of economically damaging soil insects and nematodes
No waiting period for planting or rotation/plant-back restrictions; can be used at planting or post-planting
Maximum production flexibility
Can be used right before harvest without concern for residues
O-day pre-harvest interval (PHI)
Harvest is ready to market
Maximum residue limit (MRL) exempt
Helps simplify your labor scheduling and avoids costly downtime
4-hour re-entry interval (REI) and minimal personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation as Bioinsecticide on Bushberries
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation as Bioinsecticide on Legumes
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Nematodes on Bulb Vegetables, Potatoes, Root and Tuber Vegetables
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Nematodes on Caneberries
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Nematodes on Carrots
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Nematodes on Mint
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Nematodes on New Tree Plantings
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Nematodes on Peanuts
- Majestene 2(ee) Recommendation for Turf
- Majestene Specimen Label
ALWAYS READ AND FOLLOW LABEL INSTRUCTIONS
Majestene In Action
Grower testimonial: A fast-acting solution to prevent losses due to nematodes
Grower testimonial: An effective alternative to fumigants
Turf customer testimonial: Effectiveness, safety and fast reentry are key
Best Use Practices
The following best use practices should be kept in mind to effectively use Majestene products:
- Majestene can be used as a soil drench, in-furrow, at planting and as a seed drench.
- It can also be applied through drip irrigation, T-banded or shanked-in.
- Reapply every 28 days for effective nematode control.
- It is also proven as an effective seed treatment.
- Apply at seeding for direct-seeded crops
- Apply at transplanting or shortly thereafter for transplanted crops
- Reapply every 3-4 weeks for season-long control