Senior Scientist, Nematology
Location: MBI Headquarters, Davis, CA
Reports to: Director of Research
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join our R&D Team. The Nematology Senior Scientist is a critical position that offers the opportunity to significantly impact the Company with development and improvement of key bioassays and support of the development work on our near term bionematicide product.
- Develop the needed bioassays for testing MBI’s microbial nematicide products including various types of soil applications and seed treatments that will measure efficacy against nematodes. This includes rapid, efficient miniature, semi in-vitro in-house lab-scale bioassays, container assays, greenhouse trials, and microplot trials to support fermentation optimization, formulation development, and regulatory data requirements.
- Determine the mode of action of our nematicides – effects on eggs, egg laying, juveniles, adults, etc. Direct or indirect effects, prevention of gall formation or feeding, and others.
- Monitor the literature, maintain academic contacts, and keep MBI abreast of relevant new technology in nematology.
- Contribute to writing of patents, grants and collaborative research agreements.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date, witnessed written account of experimental protocols and results.
- Maintain a high level of scientific skills and knowledge within assigned area(s).
- Supervise junior scientists and interns.
- Ensure that he/she and subordinates are operating in accordance with MBI Safety guidelines.
- Model MBI’s values and help generate a positive, supportive and productive working environment.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by supervisor.
Ph.D. or M.S. with 3-10+ years of experience. In depth knowledge of Nematology. Innovative, Self-Starter, Good Communicator, Good Listener, Collaborator, Goal Oriented, Empathetic. Work and knowledge of bionematicides a plus. Previous experience at bioassays and nematicide testing.
Essential Mental and Physical Functions
- Excellent analytical, organizational, coordination and multi-tasking skills.
The salary range is competitive. MBI offers a comprehensive benefits package including stock options, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and a health plan including medical and dental coverage, life insurance coverage, long term disability, and a flexible spending account for dependent care and/or medical expenses. In addition, this position is eligible for an annual bonus plan.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive. This job description may be modified as needed.
MBI is an equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen will be required.
Please submit cover letter and CV to email@example.com, referencing the job Senior Scientist, Nematology.