Intern – Quality Control
The Intern – Quality Control helps scientists conduct bioassays, performs material and product testing in a laboratory setting, and generates test records that are accurate, concise, and complete. The Intern should be familiar with general lab equipment and practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Basic lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Prepare a variety of media types and laboratory reagents.
- Perform raw material and finished product testing while assuring appropriate and complete documentation.
- Assist Scientists in conducting bioassays to test efficacy of products.
- Package and store applicable product retains.
- Maintain test stations.
- Be aware of Quality Control and manufacturing policies, safety concerns, and environmental conditions that can affect product quality.
- Comply with quality systems procedures, as applicable.
- Support other laboratory functions as required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures, and report all unsafe activities to appropriate supervisor.
- Participate in efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires course work in a Biological discipline or equivalent work experience.
Prefer prior experience working in a laboratory setting.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, regulations, and laboratory procedures. Ability to write documents and report data. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and peers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as area, length, and volume. Ability to calculate and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and statistical functions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and ability to deal with symbolism such as graphs, formulas and scientific equations.
Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, and graphics.
Must have good organizational and record keeping skills and be capable of handling and carrying out tasks under stringent deadlines.
The Quality Control Intern must have manual dexterity sufficient to handle and perceive attributes of objects and be able to perform light physical, non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature.
Interns may be occasionally required to lift up to 30 pounds, are frequently exposed to air contamination such as disagreeable odors and may be exposed to toxic or caustic substances.
Please submit cover letter and CV to email@example.com referencing Quality Control Intern.