Shipping & Receiving Intern
Location: MBI Headquarters, Davis, CA
The purpose of this position is to execute the sample shipping and receiving function at MBI for 10 months. Support the Supply Chain team on sample shipments, receiving activities, and additional documentation activities required by the team. In addition, execute the shipping of sample/demo and online orders to customers. The intern interacts with logistics organizations and MBI functions such as sales, R&D, manufacturing, quality control, and accounting.
Responsibilities and duties
- Maintain inventory control system for purchasing of lab supplies and commercial samples.
- Receive and distribute all inbound materials in a timely matter.
- Properly and accurately count materials received.
- Confirm and record the receipt of shipments.
- Complete receiving reports in the tracking system.
- Work with accounting on receiving documentation, report damages/returns and discrepancies to accounting.
- Support international receiving of materials.
- Ship and track sample orders to locations worldwide.
- Create international shipping documents.
- Generate acknowledgment notifications to customers.
- Update and send weekly sample request report to appropriate groups.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work experience in the area of shipping and receiving, and interest or background in science or biology.
- Computer skills – proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Good typing, spelling, and grammar skills are necessary.
- Possess strong communication skills: oral, written, email and phone.
- High attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, pushing, pulling and lifting various sized boxes.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
Please submit cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing the job Shipping & Receiving Intern.