Location: Bangor, MI
Marrone Michigan Manufacturing LLC (M3) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. (NASDAQ: MBII), a leading global provider of biopesticides for agriculture, turf and ornamental, home and garden, and water applications.
This position will provide microbiological analytical support for various company projects, programs, and initiatives; and will interact with R&D, Operations, co-manufacturers, and suppliers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform microbiological, chemical and physical parameter testing of RM’s, in-process samples and final product to support various processes. Experience in HPLC analysis a plus.
- Prepare culture media, agar plates, and culture transfers as directed.
- Perform routine administrative tasks such as maintaining sample database, reporting of results, spreadsheet development, supplier/customer communications, procedure development, etc.
- Maintaining good laboratory practices.
- Maintaining lab hygiene, preparation of microbiological media, ordering and maintaining lab supplies, preparing and shipping sampling kits, and coordination of contractor lab sample entry and shipping.
- Periodic weekend work will be required as plant operates 24/7. Job could involve some travel to production facilities to perform “in-process” and environmental sampling to support process validation studies and sanitation/serialization monitoring.
- Candidate must be a team player who is safety minded, detail oriented, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Work with Process Engineering and Process Implementation teams to support design and implement manufacturing process from inception to completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Requirements
- BS in Microbiology, Biology, or related field
- Experience working in regulatory biology laboratory environment
- Knowledgeable in laboratory safety
- The ideal candidate has worked in a production environment as a microbiologist
- Experience regarding media preparation, culture handling in a sterile environment, microbial load studies, sterility testing, and bacterial identification testing.
- Will require flexible hours to meet production support requirements.
- The candidate must have excellent written, oral communication and math skills.
- Experience preparing of validation protocols and reports and being able to effectively communicate to management and other functional areas on microbiological issues is required.
- Good organizational skills and communicating timelines are required.
- Experience or training in aseptic handling.
- Advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat required.
Essential Mental and Physical Functions
- Handling various chemical products, some of which have some level of hazard, such as solvents.
- A certain degree of manual dexterity in order to manipulate testing instruments and good visual acuity to withstand hours of testing observations.
- A fair amount of time sitting down and inputting test result data and writing up final reports on a computer will be required.
- This position requires standing and walking around the laboratory for extended periods of time, climbing ladders on production equipment/facilities, repetitive hand movements, occasional lifting of boxes (less than 20 lbs.) and computer work.
- An ability to lift 30 pounds is also required.
The individual should appreciate our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, agile, and dynamic work setting. He/she should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings. An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful and creative in problem solving by thinking “out of the box” will be highly valued in this role.
The above is a list of essential duties and responsibilities for this position. This list is not all-inclusive. This job description may be modified as needed.
MBI is an equal-opportunity employer. A pre-employment drug screen will be required.
Marrone Michigan Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Marrone Bio Innovations located in Davis, CA
Please submit cover letter and CV or Resume to email@example.com, referencing the job code MBI 109.